If you are planning an Italy travel, our home country has a paradoxe within its borders: it has such a cultural, historical and religious heritage that one of the biggest questions facing the traveler may be: where do I go for an Italy vacation? All main cities, most of the towns and many villages have museums and great churches, delightful squares, thermal spas and picturesques burgs, being veritable living museums. Of all the countries in the world, there is none more magical than Italy, a traveler's dream destination.
Italy has been a Mecca for independent and group travelers for several centuries: the crowds at tourist Italy sites indicate that Italy's appeal is quite strong. Fortunately, for those who wish to avoid crowds, an Italian vacation can include as well attractions that are to be found not only in the main sites (Rome Italy, Florence Italy, Venice Italy) but throughout the entire Italian peninsula, from the Alps to Sicily and Sardinia.
Rome Travels customizes your travel to Italy proposing you ad hoc itineraries, Italy accomodation, pilgrimage to Italy and Italy Tour packages pending on your specific request. In particular, if you plan to have any Italy tours in the following Italian cities:
1) Rome Italy; Vatican City State; County of Rome; Viterbo Italy; Etruscan Sites in Italy.
2) Napoli (Naples Italy); Bay of Naples; Sorrento Italy; Positano Italy; Amalfi Coast; Pompeii; Capri.
3) Florence Italy and any Florence Travel; Siena Italy; Pisa Italy; Chianti Tuscany; or if you are docking to Livorno Italy of your Italy Cruise; or any trip to Tuscany Italy.
4) Venice Italy
UNESCO: Italy is the first country for the most numerous World Heritage Sites
According to UNESCO, the United Nations' cultural branch, about the 63% of the world's historical artistic heritage are in Italy. The City of Rome in itself has got about the 42% of the entire heritage of our Country. At the same time, Tuscany, which is only one region of Italy, by itself possesses more artistic treasures than the whole Spain, which is the second country in the world for cultural heritage. Practically all major styles of Western architecture can be found in Italy. To see their location, click Here
ROME TRAVELS S.r.l. organizes on request any visit to Italy, trip to Italy, Italy excursion, pilgrimage to Italy, Italy guided tours for groups and individuals or families in the following sites marked with RED * .
ITALY: THE LAND OF
The following Italian sites have been placed by UNESCO on its World Heritage List:
1979 - Rock
Drawings in Valcamonica (Lombardy)
* 1980-1990 - Historic Centre of Rome, the properties of the Holy See in that city enjoying extraterritorial rights and St. Paul's Outside the Walls (Latium)
1980 - Church and Dominican Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie with "The Last Supper" by Leonardo da Vinci - Milano (Lombardy)
* 1982 - Historic Centre of Florence (Tuscany)
* 1987 - Venice and its Lagoon (Veneto)
* 1987 - Piazza del Duomo - Pisa (Tuscany)
* 1990 - Historic Centre of San Gimignano (Siena, Tuscany)
1993 - I Sassi di Matera (Basilicata)
1994 - The City of Vicenza and the Palladian Villas (Veneto)
* 1995 - Historic Centre of Siena (Tuscany)
* 1995 - Historic Centre of Naples (Campania)
1995 - Crespi d'Adda - Capriate (Lombardy)
1995 - Ferrara, City of the Renaissance and its Po Delta (Emilia-Romagna)
* 1996 - Castel del Monte - Bari (Apulia)
* 1996 - The Trulli of Alberobello - (Bari - Apulia)
1996 - The Early Christian Monuments and Mosaics of Ravenna (Emilia-Romagna)
* 1996 - The Historic Centre of the City of Pienza (Siena, Tuscany)
* 1997 - The 18th-Century Royal Palace at Caserta with the Park, the Aqueduct of Vanvitelli, and the San Leucio Complex (Campania)
1997 - The Residences of the Royal House of Savoia (Piedmont)
1997 - The Botanical Garden, Orto Botanico - Padua (Veneto)
1997 - The Cathedral, Torre Civica and Piazza Grande - Modena (Emilia-Romagna)
* 1997 - The Archaeological Areas of Pompei, Ercolano, and Torre Annunziata (Naples, Campania)
1997 - Villa Romana del Casale - Piazza Armerina (Enna, Sicily)
1997 - Su Nuraxi di Barumini, Cagliari (Sardinia)
1997 - Portovenere, Cinque Terre, and the Islands (Palmaria, Tino and Tinetto) (Liguria)
* 1997 - The Amalfi Coast, Costiera Amalfitana (Salerno - Campania)
1997 - The Archaeological Area of Agrigento (Sicily)
* 1998 - Cilento and Vallo di Adriano National Park with the Archeological sites of Paestum and Velia, and the Certosa di Padula (Salerno, Campania)
1998 - Archaeological Area and the Patriarchal Basilica of Aquileia (Udine, Friuli-Venezia Giulia)
1998 - Historic Centre of Urbino (Marches)
* 1999 - Villa Adriana (Tivoli - Latium)
2000 - City of Verona (Veneto)
* 2000 - Isole Eolie (Aeolian Islands, Sicily)
* 2000 - Assisi, the Basilica of San Francesco and Other Franciscan Sites (Umbria)
* 2001 - Villa d'Este, Tivoli (Latium)
2002 - Late Baroque Towns of the Val di Noto (South-eastern Sicily)
2003 - Sacri Monti of Piedmont and Lombardy
* 2004 - Val d'Orcia (Siena - Tuscany)
* 2004 - Etruscan Necropolises of Cerveteri and Tarquinia (Latium)
* 2005 - Syracuse and the Rocky Necropolis of Pantalica (Sicily)
2006 - Genoa: Le Strade Nuove and the system of the Palazzi dei Rolli (Liguria)
2008 - Mantua and Sabbioneta (Lombardy)
2008 - Rhaetian Railway in the Albula / Bernina Cultural Landscape (Switzerland and Italy)
Rome Travels s.r.l. customizes your travel to Italy proposing you specific itineraries, from the authentic journeys of the spirit to the archaeological tours or both.
Italy is the country of Churches, monasteries, castles, royal palaces, remains of the great vestiges of the past civilizations. But also fashion, food, Italian wine, olive oil. In other words, the Made in Italy.
One difference between a big travel company and us is that we know personally each of our great team of local and official tour guides and correspondents who will take care personally of your group or fam trip. This will make a more personal trip to remember andso to relate to your friends and relatives.
With more than 30 years of experience in arranging vacations in Italy, we are sure that we will make your Italian trip a real memorable experience. We think that our best business card and presentation may be your comments and word of mouth, not this travel web site.
Our Guides will stay with you for the time that you need in order to get any general or individual aspect of each town, monuments and to experience the local atmosphere of our country.
We can accomodate your individual trip to Italy or big groups finding the hotels that better fit your needs, not only in terms of costs, but also of the hotel location.
Our reliable English speaking drivers will accompany everywhere you need introducing since the pick up at the airport or at the dock the policy of our company, that "a client is a future friend to take care of" and not just a "file" to be processed like most of the big tour operators or big companies.
Being local agents we can guarantee the lowest hotel rates that surely can compete with those edited on the web sites. On the other hand, knowing in most of the cases the hotels' managers, we can guarantee the best relationship between the hotel rooms and hotel rates.